
Dear Familia,
Did you ever think Jem + Running would be in the same sentence? Well, it's happened. About a month ago there was a Groupon (my love for Groupon needs it's own post) for a "Running 101" through Potomac River Running. Since Zane and his family are pretty active, I thought it would be a good idea to take a "kick my butt into gear" class. It's the first week and with two classes down, here are my observations:
-It took me 11 minutes to run my first mile in 10+ years...to 8th grade sub 8 minute miler me, sorry :(
-Running + Rain = Fun
-Running + Humidity = NOT Fun
-Running = Blisters
It's an 8 week course and I'm hoping to be able to run 2 miles without stopping and in less than 20 minutes before I'm done. If I meet that goal then 3 miles in less than 30 minutes, then 4 miles in less than 45. We'll see how 2 in 20 goes first though :)
Love,
Jem
No comments:
Post a Comment