Dear Familia,
I could probably write at least ten more posts about what we did at Pop Castle, but I still have all of the DC posts to do from the trip so I'll try to wrap it up here. One thing that we should have done more of: walks around the neighborhood. Pop Castle is located in
White Stone, VA, which is a quaint little town on its own, but the house is nestled within a great walking neighborhood. The houses are really far apart but there are paved roads and barely any traffic. We only took one walk, but it was a good one.
 |
| Getting ready to head out. Gotta love the oyster walkway at Pop Castle. |
 |
| The GPR Gang |
 |
| Checking out the real estate (all of the houses have names, I am a big fan) |
 |
| Legit eagle's nest! |
 |
| Abbi protecting Kiki during the pinecone fight. She looks fierce. |
 |
| Getting ready for the race. Zane had to give them a head start. |
 |
| Yep, it's a baby frog. Johnny cried when we had to put it back. |
One of our favorite rooms of the house was definitely the family room (makes sense). We watched a couple of movies [Funny story side note: We always had a hard time agreeing on a movie. One time we each put our movie choice on a slip of paper and then Johnny randomly chose a slip of paper. Even though 3 of the 7 papers said MI3, the One Direction movie Abbi picked ended up being the winner. Ask any of us about random One Direction trivia, we probably know it. Haha] Also, Zane made sure we played some
board games. The Ramadan Family is definitely all about games, so I'm sure he would say that we needed to do more of this during our trip.
 |
| Family Room...games, books, tv, computer, Wii... |
 |
| Cassi is clearly not happy...Kiki was eventually the winner! |
We also did a lot of
reading,
napping, and
eating (these of course making up the trifecta of pastimes of the Garcia Pattea family). I definitely should have taken advantage of reading in the hammock by the river...with a snack. Haha. PS In case you didn't realize, if you click the links it will take you to some other pics Abbi took and posted to her
instagram.
 |
| Reading in the yard. |
 |
| Green smoothie anyone? |
 |
| Madi peeking out from the hammock. Great views from this spot! |
Ok, if I can figure out how to get the videos formatted then I will do one more post on Pop Castle. Then it's all about DC! Seriously, so fun.
Love,
Jem
No comments:
Post a Comment